Tic Táck, Nostra Nera &The Muse

Two Thursdays ago it was Brandy Alexandr Day. Really. Everyday is something these days. Lots of them are beverage related. For Brandy Alexander Day, Muse Of Doom of Feu de Vie posted a recipe for the Rotorblade. It intrigued me but I was missing two key components. Mainly the brandy and the Alexander. As I nearly never have milk or cream on hand I considered making the drink with an egg white. The eggs I've being getting of late have had whites of approximately 1 oz so I figured a straight swap for the cream would do. Alas I had no cachaça. I do however have El Salvadorian (unaged) cane spirit called Tic Táck. Yes, that'll do.

So this is what I made:

Rotorblade (remix?)
1.5 oz Tic Tack
1 egg white
0.75 oz Cherry Heering
0.25 oz Starbucks Coffee Liquor
2 dashes Peychaud's bitters

Dry shake ingredients. Shake again with ice. Double strain in to a cocktail glass rinsed with Black Sambuca (I used Nostra Nera). Garnish with drops of bitters.


So, what's it like?

Tasty. Frothy. Anisey. Cherry-y. Oh hell, make one yourself!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts