(Not So Much A) Mystery Month: Entry #4

It's March 9th. There will be no recipe comparison. The will be no question at the end of the post asking if you've ever seen The Seven Year Itch. There will be no quote from Anthrax's I'm The Man '91. There sadly is no +1 Barspoon Of Panache. There is no mystery.

Muse Of Doom of Feu de Vie has guessed correctly! The Aviation is next; I'm "Stomping Through" Kaiser Penguin.

Why am I doig this? Why not? Besides these are all good drinks and if you do follow along at home you'll equip your bar nicely by the time we've finished.

On with the show!

Aviation
1.5 oz gin
0.5 oz maraschino liqueur
0.5 oz lemon juice
Shake; Strain; Up; Coupe; lemon twist


I used the recipe from F&W Cocktails 2012 provided by Charlotte Voisey. Just like KP you may find disparity amongst (within?) your books when seeking this recipe. Perhaps an informal recipe comparison isn't a bad thing to do in ones home. Anyway, this recipe omits Crème de Violette and as that liqueur is absent from my bar I decide on using the rather floral Dillon's Unfiltered Gin 22.

Even though it was the booze-blogger's darling the Aviation eluded me for quite some time. Maraschino is now (and has been for a few years) available in Ontario but not in every city. I may have stumbled upon a suitable and even funkier(!) substitution however. Stay tuned.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts