Tiki Tuesday: The Chart Room

A great way to make a delicious drink is to start with a Martin Cate recipe and make substitutions as needed. Fear not; I'll explain.

I never buy port. I don't know why this is as I enjoy it and I often buy sherry and Dubonnet type wines but I never actually buy port. Sure, I'll quaff it if offered. I may even order it when out but bottles of it never make it to my home bar. This is just one of the stumbling blocks for a drink which (until now) I'd never made*.

The second stumbling block is the lack of Navan. If Gautier Seve was still an option here in Ontartio I might give that a go but it's not so back to the drawing board, so to speak. On Tiki Central there is a thread about what to substitute for Navan and it would seem there is a similar product offered by Meukow... I do have Licor 43 but let's be obstinate shall we?



The Chart Room**
2 oz Myers’s Rum
0.5 oz Galliano Vanilla***
0.5 oz maple syrup
0.5 oz Rivesaltes hors d'age****
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz pure pressed pineapple juice
1 dash Angostura bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a pilsner filled with crushed ice. Top with 1 oz soda water. Garnish with mint.

Cheers!
Be Well!

*Let's be honest I still haven't made the drink.
**After a certain number of substitutions a new name is a must
***This is the only Galliano expression available here. If you've got Licor 43 perhaps use that rather than cluttering up your bar. 
****Bonne chance!

Comments

Popular Posts