Tiki Tuesday: Eye See What You Did There...

A certain number of Fridays ago I was looking for an "evening extender" and decided to peruse the ole Pegu Tiki  Blog. As with all things made from a recipe it is important to read the entire recipe before beginning. Very important! I did not do this. What I made wasn't as careless (or hilarious) as a trifle/shepherd's pie and it certainly didn't taste like feet. I shan't be so presumptuous as to say I've made an improvement here but in the grand tradition let's give this alternate drink a new name! (It's what Helena would do)




Sidewinder's Eye
1 oz Myers's Rum
1 oz Lemon Hart 80
1.5 oz lime juice
1.5 oz passion fruit syrup
0.75 oz guava juice
0.75 oz grapefruit juice

Shake with crushed ice and pour unstrained into a tiki mug. Top with 3 oz soda water. Garnish if you must.

I realised too late that I had no orange juice and no oranges for juicing. For a moment I thought of just subbing guava for orange but this seemed like it would overshadow the passion fruit. I suddenly remembered I had grapefruit and voila! It extended my evening; it slaked my thirst; it may get made again.

Mahalo!


Comments

Popular Posts