That's Not A Good Drink, Bront!

Don't make this drink. Just don't do it. In the grand booze-blog tradition of "I drank it so you don't have to" I (reluctantly) present to you:

The Hacha Cocktail
"Rub the inside of the glass with a small section of fresh garlic. Equal parts Gin and Rye Whiskey, a dash of Peychaud's bitters. Grenadine until blush pink. Shale well and let stand 2 minutes before serving"

Uh, right. Let's try this:

1 clove garlic
1 oz gin
1 oz rye
0.25 oz grenadine
1 dash Peychaud's bitters

Cut garlic in half and rub inside of cocktail glass with it. Assemble wet ingredients in a shaker. Shake strain. Set timer for two minutes. 

As you can see I didn't bother double straining this one. I really wanted this to be drinkable at least. It isn't. Not even by me!




Garlic and gin works well in the Vampire. Rye and Peychaud's is a classic. But both at the same time? No, it's no good. Just as David Wondrich suspected.

Cheers!
Be well

Comments

Popular Posts